Sunday, June 3, 2012

Web Find - A Stain Free Sink Challenge


My kitchen sink had stains on it when we bought our home.  I've tried everything to get those stains out and was just about ready to buy a new sink...which would mean buying a new counter along with it.  I've tried baking soda and vinegar, I've tried bleach, I've tried Comet, I've tried Barkeeper's Friend.  The only thing that worked halfway decent was the Mr. Clean magic erasers.  But even those little miracle workers couldn't get all the stain up.  

At the end of rope, I tried Google.  I happened across this blog article and the lady says she got her sink stains up just by using dishwasher detergent.  You've got to be kidding me.  It can't be that easy.  

So I tried it myself:


Step 1:

I used this ladies technique for cleaning my stained sink


Step 2:

Use the Cascade Extra Strength Clear Gel Dishwasher Detergent and I take my sink brush so all the sink was covered in a layer of it. 

BEFORE:



I let it sit for ten minutes....



I let it sit for another twenty minutes....

AFTER:



I SUCCEED... 

Those dangblasted stains came out of my pretty white sink!

I wonder if it works on toilet stains?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!