Friday, March 30, 2012

Home Project - Breakfast Bar




I always wanted to have a separate place to keep my coffee maker, toaster oven, and breakfast items.  Before the project it was like this:  coffee maker on kitchen counter by sink, toaster oven on kitchen counter by stove (at other end of kitchen), all other items in the kitchen pantry.


I want a separate place for my coffee maker, toaster oven, waffle maker and breakfast essentials.




What I needed for this project:

BESTÅ Shelf Unit - IKEA

$70.00


BESTÅ VASSBO Doors - IKEA

$40.00


BESTÅ Cabinet Legs - IKEA

$20.00



Knipsa Seagrass Basket - IKEA
 
$16.99




Baskets (2) - Wal Mart


$19.99


Rubbermaid Dry Food Containers

$15.99

Placemats
$9.99

Notes:
Other items I already had on hand: large orange platter to sit the coffee maker on, a small gold basket to put pastry items in, lidded jar to keep the sugar in, decorative plate holder and decorative plates to hand on the wall behind the cabinet.

Action:  
Assemble the cabinet.  Move the coffee maker, toaster oven, griddle/waffle maker, and all other items to the cabinet.  Decorate until I have it just like I want it.  

Conclusion:


I SUCCEED...

...in getting my perfect breakfast bar area that I can now use every morning.  









Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.  

Something that important should have its own home!



1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!